Have you ever had an Achilles tendon injury? Is that causing you calf pain and limiting your movement?
Achilles tendon pain is a common problem, but it can become complicated if left untreated.
Achilles tendon pain is a very uncomfortable pain to deal with, no matter what your age is.
Most people don't realize that your Achilles tendon is one of the largest tendons in the human body.
The Achilles tendon stretches from your calf muscles to the heel of your foot.
When this part of the body gets injured (which can happen to anyone, not just athletes), it happens to be very painful.
Below are ten home remedies for Achilles tendon pain that anyone can use.
What you will need:
- One glass of hot milk
- One teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Add a full teaspoon of your turmeric powder into a glass of hot milk.
- Mix thoroughly and drink every day or night for about two weeks.
Turmeric works because it is made up of a potent active compound known as curcumin.
This compound has beneficial healing properties that help speed up the process of the ruptured tendon.
The Turmeric method is proven to be one of the best natural painkillers worldwide.
It also activates the opioid system, which is connected to our bodies as an anti-inflammatory response.
Therefore, using this method in the inflamed area will help reduce swelling and boost circulation.
What you will need:
- 250-500 mg of mega-three
- Prepare a fresh omega-3 250 to 500 mg in your dairy meal.
- In, essence the fatty acids in omega-3 offer quickens Achilles tendon's healing process.
Besides, the omega -3 anti-inflammatory effects are approved to help swelling and inflammation leading to faster recovery in the Achilles tendon.
You might want to consider increasing your omega-3 intake by consuming foods like:
- Chia seeds
- Fatty acids
You could also consume some of its additional supplements.
However, remember to consult your doctor before taking these extra supplements for more information.
3. Ice pack
You will need:
- An ice pack
- Cloth bag
- Put your ice in a clean cloth bag and place it right on the affected area.
- Leave it for five or ten before taking it off.
- Repeat the process two and three times, and do this several times a day
Using an ice pack reduces inflammation and pain caused by Achilles tendinitis.
An ice pack numbs the affected are faster.
Generally, an ice pack works by bringing relief almost promptly or reducing the blood circulation through the affected area.
According to the experts, when you injure your Achilles tendon, it is mainly caused by overuse.
Rest or staying off your feet is one of the best treatments for this type of injury.
Give yourself a rest, by avoiding activities like running, climbing stairs and even walking too much.
Resting will reduce your Achilles tendon pain within days or even weeks.
5. Castor oil
- You will need:
- A full teaspoon of castor oil
- Use one teaspoon and gently apply it to the affected area.
- Leave it for around twenty minutes before rubbing it off.
- You can also place a hot compress on it to speed up the healing process.
- Repeat this process twice a day for best results
Castor oil helps with several problems and ailments that we all face daily.
From wrinkles, stomach pains to dandruff, and many other related disorders, and many many more.
Castor oil is a potent anti-inflammatory agent that works like magic once applied to our affected areas.
6. Ginger root or tea.
You will need:
- A full cup of Luke water
- Two inches of fresh ginger
- Add your ginger into the cup of water.
- Boil it using a saucepan for a few minutes
- Consider simmering it for around five to six minutes before straining.
- Allow it to cool, and then drink it.
Try your ginger tea twice every day for faster healing.
Ginger contains potent anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
It reduces the pain around the affected area by increasing blood circulation.
It works similar to COX-2 inhibitors, which are used for treating inflammation and pain.
7. Essential oils ( Myrrh or peppermint oil)
- Six drops of Myrrh or peppermint oil
- A full teaspoon of any carrier oil might be coconut oil.
What you want to do is.
- Mix about six drops of peppermint oil with your carrier oil.
- After mixing it well and gently massage it into the tendon for a few minutes.
- Allow it to work on your affected area for around 30 minutes and rinse it off.
- You can also leave this one the tendon overnight to speed up your healing process.
- Repeat this process one to 3 times a day or when necessary.
Peppermint oil is both an analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent.
Apart from this, these oils contain menthol, which exhibits anti-inflammatory properties.
Both products help in relieving swelling and inflammation around the paining tendon.
This one is a very effective treatment that can quickly heal the Achilles tendon strain among many home remedies.
8. Bone broth
- About eight ounces of freshly prepared bone broth
- Boil a fresh bone broth for about 1 hour in a clean pot
- Consume seven to eight ounces in a day
Amazingly bone broth contains glucosamine and chondroitin, which help our tendon heal at a quicker rate.
It is a combination of minerals, collagen, nutrients, and vitamins.
This combination helps in promoting strong and healthy bones and reduces joint inflammation and pain.
Additionally, bone broth is valuable in our overall wellness and health, along with boosting our immune system.
9. Gentle massage
Massage the affected tendon gently.
This decreases the pain and increases blood circulation.
Most experts suggest that you do gentle strengthening and stretch exercises daily to help out the healing process.
Deep friction massage is approved to alleviate inflammation and pain, reduce the hurt area's stain, and restore tissue elasticity.
If you injure your Achilles tendon, it can be life-impacting and, at the same time, painful.
Many of us who experienced it know that.
However, the above home remedies will help you recover quickly from Achilles tendon pain.
Good Luck, and as always please don't forget to leave a comment and share this post with family and friends.